A combination of frame-breaker and scraper protection. Protect your website content from both frames and server-side scraping techniques. If either happens, visitors will be redirected to the original content.
Website scraping comes in two forms: 1) sites that place your content in frames on their site, and 2) server-side scripts that get the contents of your page and insert them into another page using, PHP, ASP, etc, making it look like the scraper site created the content.
Also some well-known sites display a bar with their content above your content, rob you of traffic, and skew the look and feel of your page. Anyone remember the DiggBar? Yeah.
Other scrapers just outright jack your site content. Well, that’s over now.
This plugin is better than other any frame-breaker plugins out there. Other frame-breakers will only test to see if your site is framed or not. This one will test to see if your content is present on a different domain, and if so, will redirect to the original content’s URL. Also, uses X-Frame-Options in HTTP headers to block content from showing in frames on other web domains.
The plugin won’t activate the protection features in the WordPress Admin area or if a registered user is navigating your site while logged in.
- Get your website visitors back.
- Retain credit for your work.
- Protect your website content and your brand.
- Improve your SEO.
Try it and see for yourself.
Option 1: Install the plugin directly through the WordPress Admin Dashboard (Recommended)
- Go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Type ScrapeBreaker into the Search box, and click Search Plugins.
- When the results are displayed, click Install Now.
- When it says the plugin has successfully installed, click Activate Plugin to activate the plugin (or you can do this on the Plugins page).
Option 2: Install .zip file through WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Go to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload.
- Click Choose File and find
scrapebreaker.zipon your computer’s hard drive.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate Plugin to activate the plugin (or you can do this on the Plugins page).
Option 3: Install .zip file through an FTP Client (Recommended for Advanced Users Only)
- After downloading, unzip file and use an FTP client to upload the enclosed
scrapebreakerdirectory to your WordPress plugins directory (usually
/wp-content/plugins/) on your web server.
- Go to your Plugins page in the WordPress Admin Dashboard, and find this plugin in the list.
- Click Activate to activate the plugin.
Version 1.1 released 09/06/14
- Added a Settings page in the Dashboard.
Version 188.8.131.52 released 04/28/14
- Fixed a bug that caused an error message on certain server configurations.
Version 184.108.40.206 released 04/13/14
- Added additional security checks.
Version 220.127.116.11 released 04/03/14
- Minor code improvement.
Version 18.104.22.168 released 03/16/14
- Improved the implementation and removed deprecated code.
Version 22.214.171.124 released 03/15/14
- Added X-Frame-Options to HTTP headers for increased protection against framing and clickjacking.
Version 126.96.36.199 released 03/10/14
- Initial release.
Known Plugin Conflicts
Plugins that are reported to be incompatible with ScrapeBreaker, or have certain compatibility issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the option was added in version 1.1. Just check the option on the Settings page and click ‘Save Changes’.
If you don’t want slow your site down by adding additional database calls during page loads, you can set this option with a constant in the
wp-config.php file. If you’re not familiar with editing this file, then don’t edit it. If you are, add these 2 lines to your
wp-config.php file (before the line where it says to stop editing):
define( 'RSSB_OVERRIDE', true );
define('RSSB_JS_ONLY', true );
Or if just want the speed improvement, but don’t want to use that option:
define( 'RSSB_OVERRIDE', true );
define( 'RSSB_JS_ONLY', false );
Keep in mind that this completely overrides anything you set in the Settings page, and we’re not responsible if you break your site when you edit this file. (As always, back it up first.)